South Congress just got a pretty coat of polish, in the form of the 83-room South Congress Hotel. Tidbits stepped into the staycation paradise to find out what you'll love about the dreamy slumber, sip and sup spot.
1. Don't have a room? The contemporary lobby lounge-meets-library-meets bar is open to the public. Flip through design books or sip wine while you WiFi.
2. Ombré sun shades (pictured) cover the pool's lounge chairs. Hip NYC-based Tenoverten nail salon will soon open at the hotel - guests can book a mani-pedi poolside and opt for their new "Austin" shade of blue polish, an homage to our denim culture.
3. The aqua artisan coffee maker at Café No Sé, now open, is just one of many Instagram-perfect shots in the darling all-day café. Stop in for a morning latte or late-night Cali-inspired fare. By the end of October expect two other on-site restaurants: Otoko, a 12-seat-only concept from James Beard and Top Chef winner Paul Qui, and American bar and grill Central Standard.
4. The respite will soon house local moto shop Revival Cycles and Sunroom boutique (which has moved from South Lamar), whose stylish owner Lucy Jolis will also handpick pieces for the hotel's gift shop.
5. Alamo Drafthouse has curated a selection of 40 complimentary films for guests who can also connect their personal electronics to Apple TV to stream content from Hulu and Netflix.
6. Want more luxury? Hang the leather strap stamped with the word "service" over your door knob when you're ready for your room to be cleaned. Denim polka dotted and pinstriped robes are the perfect weight for relaxing in bed.